Infrastructure Management and Rancher
Cloud platform agnosticism is essential to allow for an optimal choice of infrastructure management. As such, Rancher.com is the most advanced container based Open Source Infrastructure management tool available.
We specialize in deploying Rancher Infrastructure Management (R.I.M.) in existing cloud operations for medium to large sized companies and institutions.
Features & Benefits
The following are some of the features and benefits:
- Automated Deployment, Monitoring
- Cloud Provider Independence (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Data Analytics Integration with ElasticSearch
- DataDog Monitoring integration
- Docker Containers
- Highly secured container communication via IPSec (independently and per machine encryption) Tunnels
- Highly customisable user friendly dashboard (GUI) to manage, deploy, automate, monitor
- Hybrid Private-Public multi cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP…)
- Infrastructure Management Independence
- Jenkins continuous Integration and continuous delivery automation server
- Load Balancing
- NFS load balancing (GlusterFS)
- Orchestrator independence (Rancher, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Shared Volumes: Persistent Volume Storage across environments with Convoy-NFS
- Slack Integration
Understanding Cattle, Swarm and Kubernetes in Rancher
Read the article Understanding Cattle, Swarm and Kubernetes in Rancher
Although it is not the target of this post to make a value judgment about the three orchestrators it would be unfair not to mention that the first two are my favorite ones. I use Cattle in almost all the environments I manage with Rancher, but I opted for Swarm when it comes to servers in which I have delegated certain management functions to users, since Docker ecosystem provides numerous tools that worth using in parallel.